Senior Drilling and Completion Engineer
MIME PETROLEUM IS AN INDEPENDENT E&P COMPANY FOCUSED ON PRODUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT OF NORWEGIAN OIL AND GAS FIELDS.
Mime Petroleum was established in 2017 with a mission to develop a sizeable portfolio of producing oil and gas fields and field developments on the Norwegian continental shelf. The Company is consisting of highly experienced oil and gas industry staff and is prequalified as a licensee in Norway. Mime Petroleum is developing a material and sustainable development and production business on the NCS by:
- Investing in commercially attractive development projects and fields in production.
- Increasing the recovery of fields, supporting infill drilling programs and IOR initiatives.
- Prolonging lifetime and total recovery of fields through maturation of near field prospects.
- Building capacity and ensuring financial flexibility for further growth on NCS.
Mime’s Vision is to build a leading E&P business that is recognized for its ability to use knowledge to create value. The execution of our strategy is based on our four Core Values: Teamwork, Knowledge, Integrity and Ownership. The Company currently counts 12 employees, is led by Executive Chairman Sverre Skogen, and has its offices at Lysaker, Norway.
Mime Petroleum have recently acquired 10% ownership in the Balder Unit and 7.4% ownership in the Ringhorne Øst Unit. This is a first step in a strategy to build a balanced portfolio well suited for further growth. The Balder/Ringhorne acquisition trigger requirement for personnel increase.
As the company is growing, we are now looking for a Senior Drilling and Completion Engineer.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
The Senior Drilling and Completion Engineer will be responsible for participation in partner-operated production/injection wells for field development projects and producing fields.
The main tasks for the position will be to ensure proper “see-too” duty of the operators drilling and completion programs and close follow up during execution of the operation. The position will be responsible for verification of well design, well duration and well cost.
As part of the planning phase drilling & completion engineering includes among other creating well paths, casing & tubing design and select material, cement design, drilling & completion fluid design, bit and BHA selection, Torque & Drag and hydraulic calculations as well as blowout contingency planning.
Additionally, well contingency planning, optimization of interfaces and support in rig selection are relevant. Well integrity and life-of-well issues are part of the well design. Capex and Opex estimates as well as contractor evaluation and specification of technical services for well equipment will have to be performed.
This position will quality control and participate in planning and controlling drilling activities in Mime Petroleum such as delivery of drilling operations, well design, well planning, completion, procedure implementation and work-overs in multidisciplinary projects.
Close cooperation with the inhouse sub-surface team, completion experts and subsea engineers will be required. Representing Mime Petroleum in license committee meetings, ensuring constructive and innovative well engineering knowledge will be required.
· University degree in relevant petroleum or drilling engineering, geological or geophysical discipline.
· 5-10 years relevant experience.MLT knowledge and typical “brownfield” experience will be beneficial.
· Sound experience from production drilling campaigns, exploration drilling activities and good knowledge of both platform and floating drilling & completion industry on the NCS.
· Relevant offshore experience as a drilling / completion engineer.
· Good knowledge of Norwegian petroleum industry legislation.
Knowledge and skills:
· Team player with ability to coordinate activities in a multi-disciplined environment, strong teamwork capabilities.
· Motivational self-starter, curious and enthusiastic towards new tasks.
· Flexible, honest and trustworthy, capable of working under own supervision.
· Possess a strong desire to move the business forward.
Mime Petroleum offer:
· A challenging position in a company seeking further growth.
· Personal growth and development opportunities for the right candidate.
· An exciting dynamic working environment offering competitive terms.
· Office location is at Lysaker.
This will be an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to take part in the further development of Mime Petroleum AS.
Please submit your application and CV to HR@mime-petroleum.com prior to 27th May 2019.
Questions regarding the position can be directed to Jan Petter Rød – phone +47 970 71 035.
We work with a leading global market energy specialist.Find Out More